little children
I have come to the conclusion that when i have children my husband will be the one to take care of the kids from when they are 1 and a half to 3 years old.
2 year olds are terrorists in disguise.
Trying to keep up with the little one here ( Barbara) is impossible. She has the shortest attention span EVER and goes from 1 toy to the next in a matter of seconds. However cute she may be.. she is a little nightmare. She has also decided that she no longer needs to wear diapers.. although .. she is far from being toilet trained. She will randomly peel off her pants and start to remove her diaper in the middle of the living room whenever she feels as though she doesnt want her diaper anymore. Although both girls, Lisa and Barbara, can understand English .. Barbara is (understandably) not as developed in speaking English. A girl named Victoria was an Au Pair for these girls some months ago and at that time Barbara would just call her 'tow' ..as in Victoria.. so since then that is the name she calls every Au Pair. Accordingly my new name is Tow. From now on this is what I would liked to be called. JUST KIDDING.
Now as if handling the little one wasnt enough on her own.. it is actually impossible to get the 2 girls to share. Its funny because sometimes they will fight and fight and fight over a certian toy and I have to be the referee and decide who had it first. Once I solve the problem .. whoever was allowed to play with the toy will play with it for 2 seconds and then lose interest. Then, if i offer the toy to the other girl.. they want nothing to do with it. I guess it is true that it is human nature to want what one cannot have.
On the whole..I do quite enjoy the weekdays with the family. I have also decided that I will do as much sleeping as possible from now until I have kids in future years to come because it would seem that sleep is a luxury for anyone with little children. Tonight we are going to Großhöflein which is a village about 50 km outside of Vienna.. where Oma and Opa live. We will be staying there for 2 nights. I have met most of the extended family and they all seem very nice and I feel quite comfortable around them all.
Anyways I gotta make a quick stop at Eurospar and then pack for Oma's!!!
Bye for now!
:) Danielle

5 Comments:
Danielle/Tow, you'll return from Vienna a very wise and worldly person. The learning process with the children is invaluable--has to be experienced to be believed! When your mother was going through that stage she said, "Mom, you never told me how much work children were!" and I replied, "You never would have believed me!" And now you know, first hand! They take the patience of a saint and the wisdom of a diplomat.
The beauty of the architecture and European culture is something to treasure. Both have been been built over hundreds (thousands) of years, and we have a lot of catching up to do. Everything is more sophisticated and people pay a lot more attention to dressing well. It is a feast for the eyes in all directions.
Good news to hear that you enjoy the family.
With your blog, we all share the loss of Emma. It brings tears to the eyes at great distances. I'm glad Breanne gave her some good forbidden stuff at the end. The chocolate must have tasted wonderful to her.
Luv, Grandma
Hello danielle, Glad to hear you
are experiencing parenthood. Now you know why my hair was grey at such a young age.
I am saddened by the loss of my puppy-puppy-puppy, but know that she is in better place now. The Cancer realy moved fast on her. You could see that she was not the same and starting doing weird things.
I hope that you wont starve to death. Have you tried any sausage yet. i am sure they have some Bratwurst to sample.
Hang in there, I am sure it will get better once she learns a name other than tow.
Papa
Hi "Tow" (just kidding!),
Your blog entry from today was quite amusing!! Yes, sleep with little children is quite a luxury! As you are finding out, little kids keep you very busy! Do you take them outside for walks and is there a playground nearby to take them to? The fresh air and exercise helps to tire them out. Does Linda (the Mom) come to cook the main meal at noon? Are you getting used to the main meal then and a lighter one at supper time. I think I might like that.
Breanne is kind of depressed with Emma gone. I had a hard time going to sleep last night without her sleeping right beside me. No we are not getting another dog (as you wrote in your email to me). It wouldn't be fair to another dog as we are all not home during the day and I am busy doing my courses at night and on the weekend. But yes Breanne has been lobbying for that.
Have a nice time at Oma and Opa's in the country. Do the parents only work 3 days/week? (as they seem to go to the country every weekend for 4 days).
Love,
Mom
Dear Tow,
There is exactly 2 months till my 16th birthday and 3 months and a day till I can get my drivers. Dad and I watched the hockey game tonight and we won 2-1 agaist Vancouver. I think hes taking me to a game this weekend. Is it okay if I borrow your Oilers t-shirt?
Breanne
Danielle,
I think that you should assume the persona of Julie Andrews. Sound of Music governess preferred, due to locale, but Mary Poppins would also work.
Music and nonsensible lyrics seemed to have quelled mischievious behaviour in the movies. I'm sure that it will work in real life.
Uncle Randy
Post a Comment
<< Home