Tirol
Soo. .i have spent the better part of this week in Tirol which is in Upper Austira..
Its so nice here. There are a lot of mountians and little villages hidden everywhere.
It is a nice time of year to be here too because all the trees are turning colors and it looks very nice.
We went to the 'zoo' today which was more like animals running around a mountian and we walked through it. They had a whole bunch of deers and goats etc.. just walking around. Interestingly enough it is mating season right now so every few minutes we could hear the buck's (male deer??) doing their mating call. It was funny because there was this little cute goat who I thought was a baby and we were petting it and then this other mini one came up to it and started humping it. Lisa asked me what was happening. I couldnt stop laughing so her mother had to explain to her. We also saw monkeys, ducks, llama's, kangaroos .. turkies (yuck!!). Over all a good experience. .plus this 'zoo' was located on the side of a mountian so the view was quite nice.. I have tons of pictures from it but I will have to upload them later... i dont have my cord with me.
Staying in Tirol is very nice but I dont feel as though I have anytime to myself as I have been staying in the house with the family and I sleep in the living room so I pretty much see everyone until right before bedtime and then again right when everyone wakes up. Its interesting because .. they also own this house. Must be nice to own a whole apartment building and a house in the mountians.! But I guess I too am enjoying their grand life style so I really shouldn't be one to comment.
Lately the kids have been better.. I think they are getting to know me and what I expect now. One of my biggest thing is with the older one.. she doesnt often say please or thank you and sometimes treats me as though I am her servent. SO i have resorted to not doing anything unless she uses her manners and I do not do anything for her that I know she could do herself. I constantly remind her that I am there as a friend and someone to play with...not as a servent. Thankfully..her mom also shares this same view so I think it is getting easier because she knows what I expect of her and that her mother also supports that. Barbara too has gotten easier to look after. I have discovered that little ones are very easily distracted... so when she is crying or upset about something I just pull out some random object and shake it all around and make funny noises. It works everytime. Thank God.
I have also realized that I need to start sending some stuff that I brought back home so that when it comes time for me to fly back I dont have to pay for being over weight in luggage. I am going to send back my hair straightner and some other things like that because really.. I get up in the morning have a quick shower and just blow dry my hair and throw it up in a pony tail because.. its bound to get messed up 5 minutes after I start my day with the family. Also.. I have been here for only a few weeks and I have already bought a number of things soo I need to make room. Suprisingly I have not spent that much tho.. I think my biggest purchase so far was a pair of sunglasses but I will not disclose how much I paid for them. .. lets just say they were much cheaper here than I would find at home. haha.
I must say I have been suprised at a few of the people who have either written me emails saying that they have read my blog or people who have left me blog messages.. there are some that I never thought I would hear from or who would even miss me but its awesome!. Its very nice to come on to the computer and find that I have new messages!!!
Anyways! I gotta run..
ps. Thanks to everyone who has been leaving me comments! I dont know how to reply to them on my blog because all the buttons to push on this website are in German on my side so if you want me to reply you can send me an email but just so you know I still read the blog comments!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home