nanny diaries.
holla..
okay so this just happened.. like an hour ago. it was after dinner and Lisa was going to the bathroom and she wanted my help in wiping her.. (not a problem.. ) so I went to wipe her bottom and she yelled ` STOP!!!!` . I asked her what was wrong. She replied " you have to do it from front to back.. front to back no exceptions". I wanted to laugh soo badly but just kept it to myself as I thought she might be a little offended. At least she knows the healthy way to do it!
But anyways.. here I am.. monday night. the first night I have got to sleep in my own apartment in a week im SOOO excited.! I havent had a day off for a week either so I am quite enjoying myself. Also Wednesday is "All Saints Day" which is a public holiday.. and aparently au pairs get it off too! So i get from tomorrow afternoon till thursday at noon off.! ohh yes.
Oh and just if anyone was wondering.. they do not celebrate halloween here! Not going to lie.. I dont really miss it.
The rest of the trip in Tirol was pretty good. We went to mass on sunday morning and it was all of a half hour which i considered really short.. they considered it normal. It was okay though because Barbara was starting to annoy the elderly. A huge difference between the churches here and back at home is that the ones here have been here for .. hundreds and hundreds of years and are absoulutly amazing. I didnt really mind going to mass on Sunday even though I didnt understand a word of it because I was just looking around at all the beautiful carvings, paintings etc. Every single church I have visited so far has been just like that too..
The weather is getting colder. I was 23 a few days ago but since then has really cooled down. Relativly speaking though, the family here considers -10 absolutly freezing which I find quite entertianing. I also find that they tend to over dress according to my "north american standards". When its like.. 15 degrees above they make sure I have a jacket with me. Not just a sweater or something to possibly throw on.. a JACKET!!
We also got to stop in Salzburg on our drive back from Tirol. I think we walked around for probably 2 hour-ish. I am going to come back either this coming weekend or next. The train will cost me 50 € for a roundtrip ticket and then 15 ish for a night in a hostel .. not to shabby.
Also I discovered this "deal" lets say.. where I can take the night train to Venice, spend one night in a hotel and then take the train back the next night for €109 .... which is stellar. Oh and I am definatly going on the Sound of Music tour. The family pointed out a few spots where scenes were shot while we were there and it was so cool to see it so many years later.. so the tour is a must!
Other than that.. I have read 5 books so far which is good but now I have nothing to do on Sundays because there is nothing else to read. My German is slightly improving. I can count to ten now.. go me! I can read it better than I can speak it tho. Oh and my knowledge of world events is superior at the moment because the only TV station that is in English is CNN oh well its not so bad. At times its almost like watching a movie because of all the action that seems to be happening in the world at this moment.
In case anyone else keeps up on world events.. im never flying to Nigeria.
anywayys .. almost my bedtime..!
till next time!
ps. there are now new pictures in my photobucket.

3 Comments:
Heheh
Front to back is the way to go. AHEM. I have had my own share of childern, on saturday I babaysat for Jackie(Jodeans sister). The 2 little boys are 3 and 5. The three year old asked me where my kids lived and had a very confused look on his face when I told him I didn't have any kids. I am still going trick or treating this year with Rania, Monica and Laurel but I still dont know what im goning to be. I know at school im going to be a ballerina because its easy and warm inside but it has turned very cold outside so I need a warm coustume for tommorow night. perhaps I could go as a eskimo. Speaking of Eskimos we didn't make it to the playoffs for the first time in like a zillion years. Oh and on another note, I was thinking about getting Uggs because EVERYONE in my school has them and they don't look half bad when you tuck sweatpants into them. What do you think?
I should go because I have cheer tonight and I still have to eat.
Enjoy your holiday!
Breanne
Hi Danielle,
Nice pictures! It was good to see you in the pictures so I know you are alive and well! It must have been tiring to work for a whole week and to have no privacy when you were in Tirol. It is always nice and important to have some time to yourself. Grandma always used to say, you need time to yourself to contemplate your navel!! Danielle you should know better than to wipe back to front. As the daughter of a nurse, I am shocked!!!! I am glad the kids are adjusting and behaving better. I find it quite amusing that Lisa thinks you are her servant!! As a parent, you often feel like a servant!!!It snowed last weekend before I had time to finish my yard work and drain the hoses etc. It has been much colder than it should be at this time of the year. So I am sure you are enjoying the milder weather in Austria. We didn't have many kids for Halloween as it was cold. Breanne was a plumber. She wore Dad's blue coveralls and took the plunger. I told her all she needed was a plumber's butt!!I also told her she was too old now but she didn't listen. They didn't go trick or treating for long. After that they watched a movie at Raina's house. Two other dance friends were there as well. I had a paid professional development day today to work on my course at home which was nice. I almost finished writing the first draft of a 10 page paper and did some work on our group project. The group project is quite a challenge all online! I need to get to bed so should close for now. Enjoy your day off tomorrow and Happy "All Saints Day!"
Love,
Mom
Hi Danielle,
Sounds like you had a busy week in Tirol and Salzburg. Nice pictures of that area with the hills and little villages tucked everywhere.
Good to hear that the children are getting easier to care for. Pictures of you and Lisa show that you have bonded well. Lisa is a very pretty little girl.
It was nice to see messages posted by Aunty Sue and Tante Carol. I would say Sue's job offer for Sept 07 might require that they move to Austria.
It is morning for you and I'll bet you have already planed a day of shopping, maybe going to the big shopping area in Vienna.
Interesting that you are already making plans to send things back home. Hard to believe it is the 1st of Nov, time sure goes fast.
Enjoy your time off today and on the weekend. Keep us posted on your exciting life...far away from home.
Love Grandma C.... Großmutter Lois
Hope our family knows that the big B is double ss in Großmutter
Bye for now
Post a Comment
<< Home