Norma the Lady Bug
I forgot to mention a while ago that I have a pet lady bug named Norma that lives in my armpit.
I dont know why or how this came about. ..
We were driving to the village one day and I think Lisa and Barbara were both crying and I asked Lisa if she wanted to hold Norma. .. and alas Norma the Lady Bug who lives in armpits was born.
I only mention this because.. today it was so funny. I think I asked Lisa not to do something and she wasnt listening to me. The usual threats were not working ie: ' you will not be allowed to go to new zealand.. ' so then I said 'if you dont stop that right now I will never let you hold Norma again!' and Lisa stopped what she was doing so quickly it was so funny.
So if all else fails.. make up imaginary friends. !
Something else exciting happened today.
Lisa told me that I was the half-best Au Pair she has ever had.
I asked her where the other half was.
She explained to me that she was keeping the other half until she met her next Au Pair and if that Au Pair wasnt nice then I could be the whole best Au Pair.. but if her next Au Pair is nice too then we can both be the half best Au Pairs in the world. HA! Sometimes it amazes me how smart she is for not even being 5 years old yet.
Just thought I would share those 2 stories..!
:)

3 Comments:
Hi Danielle,
I hadn't expected another posting so soon, but when I talked to your Mom on the phone tonight, she told me I had better look! What delightful stories. Perhaps I was close to the truth when I said that maybe the recent bad behaviour was because Lisa knew you would be leaving soon and she was starting to not only miss you, but perhaps dreading another new Au Pair.
After having as many Au Pairs as they have had, you should be very honoured that your at least the half-best. I wouldn't be surprised if you become the whole best (she can really do arithmetic for one so young). Good work!!
Take care of Norma!
Love,
Grandma
Dear Danielle,
You will be a very busy girl today getting ready for your trip to Venice. I have enjoyed all the stories and pictures you have put on your blog in the last while. I agree with Marlys that the girls, especially Lisa know that you will be leaving soon and they are going to miss you. Any picture of you with the children, Lisa always seems to be clinging to you and has a nice smile.
We are finally getting good weather and the forecast for next week looks good.
Sue, Dale and Cole are going to Vancouver for the weekend. I am sure Janice & Sue will get in some retail therapy.
If you have time next week, send me an e-mail with your flight #'s so I can follow you on flight tracker. Make sure you don't get carried away with all the good looking young guys at the airport in Germany or you might miss your flight from Germany to Canada.
Enjoy your wonderful weekend in Venice.
Bye for now....Grandma Lois
Hi Danielle,
I had commented on your latest blog posting several nights ago but maybe you didn't receive it. Anyway, you have quite the imagination!!! But whatever works!! Breanne is babysitting tonight for Jodean's sister and 2 cousins were spending the night so she was looking after 4 kids. I had to pretend to be Mrs. Claus and talk to one of the cousins on the phone!
That is very gratifying for you to have Lisa think that you are the half best au pair and as Grandma said, I wouldn't be surprised if you become the whole best!
Please email me and let me know you found your hotel so I won't worry. I am looking forward to hearing all about Venice. Have an awesome weekend!!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home